My radio segment on Japanese youth and pop for Studio 360




Click on the play button above to hear my radio segment on Japan's pop culture, Hayao Miyazaki, Ryu Murakami, youth pathologies--and a singing clown, not to mention a crooning poet. I won't lie: this was a lot of hard work. I am deeply grateful to my uber-producer, the brilliant Pejk Malinovski (pictured above at the mixing boards in the NYC studios), David Krasnow (for critical script edits), David d'Heilly, Lisa Kato, Motoyuki Shibata and Mario Tauchi, plus all of my subjects, who graciously granted me their time and insights. The entire program is at the Studio 360 web site, and will air on NPR stations across the US tomorrow.

But you can hear it right here. Hope you dig it.

Popular posts from this blog

Video: Interview for Hype Magazine

Shinji Aramaki and the Appleseed Ex Machina Opening